Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3 LAB Master Package
- CRANE 3 LAB Gimbal, 10 lb Payload
- TransMount Phone Holder for Monitoring
- TransMount Focus and Zoom Servo Combo
- TransMount Multifunctional Gimbal Bag
- TransMount Telescopic Monopod
- TransMount Camera Belt for Monopod
- 2 Quick Release Tripod/Monopod Adapters
- TransMount Quick Release Baseplate
- Standard and Underslung Operation Modes
The Zhiyun-Tech CRANE 3 LAB takes gimbal design in a different direction with the addition of a handle on top. With an included mini tripod attached on the bottom and this fixed, ergonomic handle on top, the CRANE 3 LAB can be used two-handed for optimal stability. Moreover, the handle enables you to seamlessly switch to underslung mode, whether with one or two hands, and achieve creative shots such as 360° roll shots as you move closer toward a subject. In addition to this innovative design, the CRANE 3 LAB also packs other advanced features, such as wireless video transmission, and provides the ability to stabilize up to 10 lb loads.
The CRANE 3 LAB supports two optional servos at the same time for focus and zoom control directly from the handwheel on the side. At the same time, all the other controls you need are provided at your fingertips at the top of the handle along with an OLED status screen. Additionally, the included ZY PLAY iOS/Android app (free download) provides many of the same control functions as well as special features such as panorama, focus time-lapse, motion time-lapse, long exposure time-lapse, camera settings, and more.
Wireless transmission is achieved via a Wi-Fi connection to an iOS/Android phone or tablet. The CRANE 3 LAB wirelessly transmits your video recording from your camera to your mobile device in real time in 1080p resolution. This feature is compatible with select cameras; please see the Zhiyun-Tech website for a full camera compatibility list.
Zhiyun's LAB series was released along with an ecosystem of optional, dedicated TransMount accessories. One of these is the TransMount Phone Holder, which allows you to mount your phone on the side of the gimbal for monitoring your shot via the ZY PLAY app. Other accessories include a camera belt, specialized monopods that work together with the belt, and the TransMount Quick Setup Adapter, which lets you attach the included mini tripod by quick release functionality. This same adapter can also be used to attach monopods to the bottom of the gimbal for more stable jib-style shots. If you get two of these adapters, you can easily swap a monopod and a mini tripod on the spot as your needs require.
Other features of the gimbal include a Crafted Latch Design that lets you lock an axis or axes while balancing the remaining ones.
- Innovative Gimbal Design
- An ergonomic handle on top, used with a mini tripod attached on the bottom, allows two-handed operation plus easy switching to underslung mode.
- Dual Servo Support
- Two optional servo motors can be mounted on the CRANE 3 LAB at the same time for focus and zoom control directly from the handwheel on the side of the gimbal. Zhiyun offers two dedicated motors, the TransMount Max and TransMount Lite servos. The Max version has enough torque to handle zoom and focus control, while the Lite version provides the torque for focus control. If you'll be switching one motor between zoom and focus control, the Max version is the one you need. But if you'll be mounting two motors at the same time, then a combination of one Max and one Lite version is the recommended solution.
- Aviation Grade Motors
- Featuring aviation grade motors and a different gimbal design, the CRANE 3 LAB achieves 50% noise reduction and 100% increase in motor torque over Zhiyun's previous models.
- Crafted Latch Design
- The CRANE 3 LAB is designed with a red latch next to each axis, making balancing much easier. You can lock certain axes with these latches while balancing the others, and you can save the setup for later use. This design allows for flexible use of the gimbal, providing for more efficient use in run-and-gun applications.
- 1080p Wireless Image Transmission
- Via a Wi-Fi connection to an iOS/Android phone or tablet, the CRANE 3 LAB is capable of wirelessly transmitting your video recording to your mobile device as a 1080p image in real time.
- ViaTouch Control System
- The CRANE 3 LAB's ViaTouch Control System consists of a variety of controls that come up on the ZY PLAY app and allow for framing shots, controlling certain gimbal movements, and adjusting camera settings.
Zhiyun-Tech Crane 3 LAB V2 Specs
Gimbal Number of Axes 3-Axis (Pitch, Roll, Yaw) Rotation Range Yaw (Pan): 360°
Pitch (Tilt): 273° (-93 to 180°)
Load Capacity 10 lb / 4.54 kg Connectivity Ports 1 x USB Micro-B Wireless Protocol Wi-Fi (Unspecified Type) Battery Battery Type 3 x 18650 Battery Runtime 7.5 Hours Battery Chemistry Lithium-Ion Environmental Operating Temperature 14 to 113°F / -10 to 45°C Remote Packaging Info Package Weight 8.25 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
18.5 x 16.25 x 5.25"In the BoxZhiyun-Tech CRANE 3 LAB Handheld Stabilizer
1.TransMount Phone Holder (1)
2.TransMount Crane 3 Lab Focus and Zoom Combo (1)
3.TransMount Telescopic Monopod with Locking Buckle (1)
4.TransMount Multifunctional Camera Belt (1)
5.Quick Release Tripod/Monopod Adapters ( 2)
6. TransMount Quick Release Base Plate (1)
7. TransMount Multifunctional Gimbal bag (1)