Apple iPad 9.7" 128GB Wi-Fi Early 2018
- 9.7" Multi-Touch Retina Display
- 2048 x 1536 Screen Resolution (264 ppi)
- Apple A10 Fusion SoC & M10 Coprocessor
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.2
- Front 1.2MP FaceTime HD Camera
- Rear 8MP Camera
- Apple Pencil Support
- Night Shift | Touch ID Sensor
- Lightning Connector
- iOS 11
Now with Apple Pencil support, the space gray Apple 9.7" iPad allows you to take full advantage of the multi-touch Retina Display. Draw pictures, jot down notes, and sign documents with the Apple Pencil (sold separately). The iPad also has an A10 Fusion chip, which is powerful enough to run augmented reality (AR) apps. Combined with enhanced cameras and advanced sensors, including a gyroscope and accelerator for accurate motion tracking, the iPad delivers an immersive AR experience.
The iPad features a 9.7" Retina Display that has a 2048 x 1536 resolution, resulting in 264 ppi - over 3.1 million pixels. The display also has multi-touch support.
At just one pound and 7.5mm thin, the iPad features an aluminum unibody construction that delivers a solid feel. There is also a front 1.2MP FaceTime HD camera and a rear 8MP camera that can record 1080p video.
With support for 802.11ac Wi-Fi, the iPad supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands.
- A10 Fusion Chip
- This iPad features an A10 Fusion chip, which has 64-bit architecture, four cores, and over 3.3 billion transistors. The A10 Fusion chip allows you to edit a 4K video, play graphics-intensive games, or experience augmented reality (AR) apps.
- AR Apps
- Augmented Reality (AR) brings virtual objects into the real world. With the iPad, you'll be able to use the Retina display, A10 Fusion chip, cameras, and motion sensors to take advantage of AR apps. AR apps fundamentally change what you're capable of. Learn something new whether you're inside or outside the classroom. Solve everyday problems. Immerse yourself in entertainment and games.
- Apple Pencil Support
- Now with Apple Pencil support, you'll be able to write notes, paint a watercolor, or sign a lease, all on the iPad. With the optional Apple Pencil, you'll have the precision and responsiveness of a stylus as well as the natural feel of a pencil.
- 9.7" Retina Display
- Within the 9.7" LED-backlit touchscreen, the 2048 x 1536 native resolution renders text and images at 264 pixels per inch and a total of over 3.1 million pixels. The display also features an oleophobic coating, which helps reduce the amount of fingerprint smudges.
- 8-Megapixel Rear Camera
- The f/2.4 rear camera has an 8-megapixel sensor that captures images at a native resolution of 3264 x 2448 and 1080p HD video. The camera also features time-lapse video, exposure control, 120 fps slo-mo, a burst mode, a timer mode, and a high-resolution panorama mode.
- FaceTime HD Camera
- Put a face - or two - on every conversation. The 1.2-megapixel front-facing FaceTime HD camera can record 720p video and has an f/2.2 aperture that lets in more light. Its sensor and pixels help improve performance in low-light conditions, while dual microphones employ noise-reduction technology to help suppress background noise. In addition, when you switch cameras from front to back (or vice versa), the microphones switch too, so what your iPad sees is what it hears.
- Touch ID
- Use your unique fingerprint as a password. Touch ID lets you unlock your iPad instantly and secure private data in apps. You can also use it to make purchases with Apple Pay in apps and websites.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Thanks to two 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz antennas and MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output) technology, the iPad can reach download speeds of up to 866 Mb/s with its 802.11ac connection. So now when you want to download a movie, share photos or documents with AirDrop, or just browse the web, your connection is even faster than before.
- Durable & Portable
- At just one pound and 7.5mm thin, the iPad is designed to go wherever you go. And it's as durable as it is portable, with an aluminum unibody construction that delivers a solid feel.
- The iPad works seamlessly with your other Apple devices with Handoff. Start an email on your iPhone and finish it on the iPad. Or, copy images, video, and text from your iPad, then paste to your nearby Mac. You can even use AirDrop to share files wirelessly and instantly between devices.
- iOS 11
- iOS 11 features the Files app, which allows you to easily browse, search, and organize all your files. The Dock is also now available on any screen, just swipe up. You can open a second app right from the Dock, and both apps remain active in Slide Over as well as Split View. You can drag the second app in Slide Over to the left. And you can get back to your favorite App Spaces in the redesigned App Switcher. Drag and Drop comes to iPad, allowing you to move text, photos, and files from one app to another. Additional features include the ability to pay friends using Apple Pay, Do Not Disturb while driving to help users stay more focused on the road, even more intelligence and a voice for Siri as well as professional capabilities to Photos and Camera.
- Built-In Apps
- iTunes Store
- App Store
- Photo Booth
- Find My iPhone
- Find My Friends
- Free Apps from Apple
- iTunes U
- Apple Store
- Music Memos
- Swift Playgrounds
Apple IPad Specs
Display Panel Type IPS LCD Touchscreen Technology Capacitive Size 9.7" Aspect Ratio 4:3 Contrast Ratio Not Specified by Manufacturer Native Resolution 2048 x 1536 Pixel Density 264 ppi Input/Output Connectors Ports 1x Lightning Audio Integrated Stereo Speakers
1x 1/8" (3.5 mm) Headphone
Flash Media Slot None ExpressCard Slot None Communications Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.2 NFC Not Specified by Manufacturer GNSS Support GPS, GLONASS Front Camera Resolution 1.2 MP / Video: 1280 x 720p Aperture f/2.2 Rear Camera Resolution 8.0 MP Aperture f/2.4 Image Stabilization Digital Rear Camera Flash Rear Camera Flash Yes Packaging Info Package Weight 1.85 lb Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 9.9 x 7.1 x 2.0"